Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Weekend In

This weekend is the first weekend in I don't know how long that I've been inside and doing nothing.  I owe it all to this nasty little cold that decided to hang out with me for a while.  The weekend is not even half over and I am already stir crazy.  Only problem, I don't feel like doing anything.  I've been drinking lots of fruit juice and taking some cold and sinus medicine like it's nobody's business in hopes that I'd wake up this morning and be all well so I could join PC in Charleston for the weekend.  Instead, I woke up feeling less than stellar and with a still-sore throat.

So what have I been doing with myself?  Last night, I finished reading Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, watched an episode of Jay Leno with Zachary Levi from Chuck, started An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin, and caught up on my DVR which then resulted in flipping through the channels. 

I woke up early this morning - why is it that I can't possibly sleep past 7:30 even on a Saturday? - and stayed in bed and watched some of the Today show, read, and looked up some things for a fall trip.

Breakfast consisted of Eggos while I watched Morning Glory.  Have you seen that movie?  Did you like it? 

I really wanted to see it when it was out in theaters because I love Harrison Ford and Diane Keaton, but we never got around to it.  Honestly, I'm glad.  While it wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen, it wasn't as good as I hoped. 

I sometimes wish I was one of those people who could be totally content without anything to do and could just chill anytime.  I tend to be busy all the time and normally have plans, so having a weekend where I'm forced to just relax is almost crippling to me.  I know that sounds totally absurd.  But in the spirit of this doing nothingness, it's time to cover back up with my Nap blanket, watch some reality tv in the form of The Real Housewives and get some z's.

I hope you're all having a great weekend!  (And if you don't mind, say a quick prayer for PC as he's a day into this round.)

No comments:

Post a Comment