Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

God Bless America!

I had a totally different post planned in my head for today as I'm attempting to jump back on the blogging band wagon feet first, but in light of the news last night, I'd just like to say, God Bless America!

I've heard it said many times that most people will remember where they were when they found out Bin Laden was killed just as most remember where they were when 9/11 occurred.  On September 11, 2001, I was in ninth grade and walking between geometry honors and health.  On May 1, 2011, I was dozing in a chair in the den watching a DVR'd episode of Bethenny Ever After when my grandma called to say the US had killed him.  I tried to stay awake to watch President Obama, but couldn't.

What started 10 years ago on September 14th with this:


has ended here nearly 10 years later:


I am so proud to be from a county where freedom is valued and justice is served.  While watching the Today Show this morning when I was getting ready for work, I had tears in my eyes seeing the floods of people at Ground Zero and in front of the White House celebrating.  I am so thankful for our military, their families, and our leadership.

On the other hand, my heartaches for Bin Laden as (and I don't think I'm going out on a limb here) he will not spend eternity in heaven.  I remember when Saddam Hussein was executed and feeling so glad that the world was safe without him, but so much sorrow as well knowing that he didn't confess Jesus as his Savior and Lord.

To end on a not so somber note, I saw this on someone's Facebook this morning, "She married her prince.  The bad guy's dead.  It was a Disney weekend!"

No comments:

Post a Comment