Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

A Weekend of Heart


This weekend was one full of heart.  On Saturday, I spent most of the day decorating for our annual Heart Ball. I don't have my camera with me, but if I did, I'd love to share some photos of our tables.  There wasn't a set theme this year, but we used black, red, and white in everything.

Each round table, covered with a black cloth, had a square mirror in the center.  On the mirror was a square short vase with a dozen deep red roses.  Around the vases, we used pearls and three tea lights.  It was understated and so elegant!

After decorating all day, I ran home for a quick shower and changed into my dress as I volunteered for the event.  I decided to wear a red cocktail dress.  No picture of that either, sorry!

The evening went very well!  Everyone seemed to have a great time.  I've also heard that it was one of the best yet!

Along with the event, children from local schools who wanted to participate were asked to draw a picture of what they do to have a healthy heart.  That made me start to think about what I do to keep my heart healthy.


What do you do to keep your heart healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment