Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010: A Recap

I love the end of the year.  I don't know why, but there's something about reflecting on the past year and looking towards the future that makes me happy.  It's the goal setting, I think.  I love having goals.  Big ones.  Small ones.  Don't worry, I'll be sharing my goals for 2011 with you.  (I know you're interested!)  (No, I don't make resolutions.  There's no reason in particular other than the fact that I like making numerous goals.)

Here's a look back at some of my 2010 goals (those in italics are copied from a private blog I have for myself that's a journal of sorts):
  • Save more.  I did well in this category.  I saved my planned amount, but unfortunately, had to use some to pay for some unexpected expenses like a new transmission for my car.  Oh well, I've been told that's the point of saving.
  • Take better care of myself. Relax more. Read more. Be selfish sometimes (as in don't over commit. I find that I hardly ever turn down an invitation and it sometimes leaves me stretched thin among things I want to do, family, friends, work, volunteer things, church).  I definitely did this.  I am a pretty hyper, always on the go type person and it's hard for me to really relax.  I did that this year though.  I can thank PC for that.  He definitely balances me out and makes me relax.
  • Spend more time with the ones I love and show them my appreciation.  I feel like I did this.  I want to do more next year.
  • Be less critical of others and be less critical of myself.  I think I did better on the less critical of myself side (it's that Type A thing), but not so well on the being less critical of others part.  I'm definitely not one of those people who criticize people to their face, but I can be judgmental and share my not-so-nice feelings with PC, my best friend, and my family.  This is a quality I want to get rid of this coming year.
There were also two goals I didn't accomplish:
  • Ask for a raise.
  • Take a kickboxing class at my gym.
Here's to a new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment