Here's a look back at some of my 2010 goals (those in italics are copied from a private blog I have for myself that's a journal of sorts):
- Save more. I did well in this category. I saved my planned amount, but unfortunately, had to use some to pay for some unexpected expenses like a new transmission for my car. Oh well, I've been told that's the point of saving.
- Take better care of myself. Relax more. Read more. Be selfish sometimes (as in don't over commit. I find that I hardly ever turn down an invitation and it sometimes leaves me stretched thin among things I want to do, family, friends, work, volunteer things, church). I definitely did this. I am a pretty hyper, always on the go type person and it's hard for me to really relax. I did that this year though. I can thank PC for that. He definitely balances me out and makes me relax.
- Spend more time with the ones I love and show them my appreciation. I feel like I did this. I want to do more next year.
- Be less critical of others and be less critical of myself. I think I did better on the less critical of myself side (it's that Type A thing), but not so well on the being less critical of others part. I'm definitely not one of those people who criticize people to their face, but I can be judgmental and share my not-so-nice feelings with PC, my best friend, and my family. This is a quality I want to get rid of this coming year.
There were also two goals I didn't accomplish:
- Ask for a raise.
- Take a kickboxing class at my gym.
Here's to a new year!