Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

"Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever."
Psalm 118:1

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year.  On this day, I like to look back and reflect upon the past year and all the many blessings in my life and those in the lives of others around me.

This year, I have grown much and learned so much about myself, but more importantly, experienced God's love and grace in ways I have not ever felt before.  And for that, I am thankful!

I am THANKFUL for my God.  For His love, guidance, and care for every detail of my life. 

I am THANKFUL for PC and all that he is to me.  For his understanding, his laughs, stories, fun-loving, listening ear, big hugs,  just being him, and his love.

I am THANKFUL for my parents for always being there for me and raising me to reach for the stars and to believe fully in myself.

I am THANKFUL for my little sister whom I adore and the friendship we share.  I am proud of the person she is and is becoming.

I am THANKFUL for my grandparents and for the examples they have set.  For their love, their wisdom, and their stories.

I am THANKFUL for my country and for all the men and women who have fought for freedom and who are continuing to fight to defend our rights as Americans and the rights of those in other places of the world.

I am THANKFUL for my bestfriends (Jaye and PIC) who are always, always here for me and who provide wonderful friendships and times of roaring laughter.

I am THANKFUL for my job and the opportunity I have had to do the things I love. 

This list is by no means an exhaustive list of people and things I'm thankful for; this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Give thanks with a greatful heart.
Give thanks unto the Holy One.
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son.

And now, let the weak say I am strong.
Let the poor say I am rich.
Because of what the Lord has done for us.
Give thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment