Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What I've Been Up To

It's been a LONG time since I last blogged!  Instead of giving you the usual excuses, I'll just share some of the fun things from the last few weeks:

  • Last weekend, two of my best friends and I went to Charlotte to Christmas shop.  We went up on Friday night after work and had a delicious dinner.  On Saturday, we shopped until we dropped!  We made our way in to Southpark Mall before 11 and powershopped until about 4:30 when we stopped for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.  I was able to get some Christmas shopping and some me shopping (admit it - we all "me" shop while we're Christmas shopping!) done and spend a wonderful weekend with two of my best friends!
  • Last week was a busy one for me.  I took Friday off, so Monday-Thursday were packed at work getting things done.  I had several events to go to as well which took out some of my normal work hours.  Luckily, I got everything accomplished that I needed to, so I am able to relax this week as I took it off, too. 
  • On Thursday, PC and I went to Columbia to hear Jerry Seinfeld at the Township Auditorium.  He was great!  After that, we headed to Charleston for the weekend.
  • On Friday, we went to see PC's precious nephew receive an excellent student award.  He's in kindergarten.  After that, we ran some errands and did some Christmas shopping.  I also got some new nail polish.  Normally, I polish my nails clear or a pale pink, but I bought three of Essie's new fall colors.  We stopped for lunch at Atlanta Bread which was a special treat because the one in our town abruptly shut down with no explanation and it was a place I always loved to go to grab a quick sandwich for lunch and a caramel macchiato  If you like caramel macchiatos, I would definitely try ABC.  It doesn't even compare to Starbucks in my opinion.
  • After church on Sunday, we ate Mexican and I tried something new.  I usually get a chimichanga or a quesadilla, but I had a fundido.  It was delicious!  PC and I talked about going to see "Morning Glory" Sunday afternoon, but when I was looking up the movie times, I saw that "Fair Game" was finally playing in our area, so we went to see that.  I love spy-related things and had read Valerie Plame Wilson's book last year and really wanted to see the movie. 
  • All in all, it was one of the best weekends!
  • Yesterday, my mom and I went down to the beach Christmas shopping for the day.  I think I have almost finished!  That's rare for me because I'm always a last minute shopper!
  • Last night, PC came over and I made lasagna for the first time.  If I say so myself, it was pretty delicious!
  • Today, I'm planning on doing nothing.  I really want to read more of Decision Points, President Bush's new book, catch up on some shows I've missed, go for a run, and organize some things.  Since it's before 8:30 and I've already been awake for two hours (why can't I sleep late on the days I'm off?), I should be able to get everything done!
  • Tonight, PC and I are going to Charleston to start the Thanksgiving festivities.  On Thursday, we're running the Turkey Day Trot then having Thanksgiving lunch with his family, after that, we're heading back here for dinner with my family.  I'm so excited!
If I'm  not back before, I hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment