Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth

Last week, I went with PC and his family to Disney World!  We had a blast!  PC, his brother, and nephew hadn't been before, so it was their first time.  I've actually only been to Disney once and really enjoyed being back!


We drove from Charleston to Orlando last Saturday and got up and checked in to our resort, the Port Orleans - French Quarter, early Sunday morning before heading to Magic Kingdom for the day.  I love Magic Kingdom!  If I had to pick only one favorite park, this would be it.  I L-O-V-E Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and the Thunder Mountain.  (Notice the Mountain theme?)


On Monday, we went to Hollywood Studios.  We watched Beauty & the Beast, rode plenty of rides including Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster (Side note: I hadn't riden this ride before and if I had not gotten a fast pass for the Aerosmith ride and waited in line for two hours [the approximate wait while we were there], I would've been disappointed.  I thought the ride was two short.), and took the backlot tour.  Oh, yeah, we also met Harrison Ford's stunt double from the last Indiana Jones film after the stunt show.

Tuesday morning we headed to the Polynesian Resort bright and early for a character breakfast.  PC's nephew was so excited!  We saw Mickey, Pluto, Lilo, and Stitch.  Lilo and Stitch were new to me.  After breakfast, which was delicious I must add, we headed over to Animal Kingdom for safaris, animal watching, and Mt. Everest (there I go with the mountains again).

Wednesday, our last day in Disney, was spent at Epcot.  I really do love Epcot.  I love walking around the different countries and seeing the shows.  I also think I would've loved Soarin', but when we got there early that morning, all the fast passes were gone and the wait stayed well above two hours all day.  I enjoyed my desserts in France, burger in America, and the William and Kate Forever sticker I purchased in England.  (Cheesy, I know, but I thought my sister and I should each have one as a keepsake from the Big Event.  By the way, I can't wait to watch it on Thursday night!).



We had a blast!  It was nice to have a "Spring Break!"

No comments:

Post a Comment