Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

SUYL: What'd I'd Like to Make

The theme of today's SUYL from Kelly's Korner is to show what we make.  I don't make anything "crafty" per se, but I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else makes.  When I have children one day, I want to make smocked dresses or Jon Jons/Shortalls.  I can sew a bit and have made a few simple things, but one thing I want to learn in the future is smocking.  Growing up, my mom and and both of my grandma's smocked numerous dresses for me.  I even had smocked night gowns!  I know it's not a look everyone loves, but I think there's something about Southern mothers dressing their children in smocked attire any day of the week and always on Sunday.  Below are smocked pieces from Shrimp & Grits Kids, the most precious children's clothing line.







Some things I do make are plans and to-do lists if those count!  In fact, my dream job is to be a personal planner for people.  I'd like to do everything from help them make their weekly schedules including meals and workouts, plan parties, and even do their Christmas shopping.  It might sound crazy, but I just love to be organized and to help others try to get organized.  Luckily, my profession affords me the opportunity to plan many events and juggle many different tasks in different areas at the same time, so I do get to do a bit of that.  I can always dream though!  Right?

1 comment:

  1. Those are adorable! :) I'd love to be that creative...but I am SO not!

    ReplyDelete