Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts (a day late)

  • It snowed!  Again!  We're just not used to this much snow in SC!  When I woke up Monday, there wasn't much on the ground at my house, so I got up and ready for work.  My commute is normally 25-30 minutes, but about 15 miles from my house, the ground was covered with snow!  I drove ahead in thinking I'd work a few hours and then go home as to not get stuck at work, but the closer I got, the more snow and ice covered the ground.  I got to my office and called my boss to let him know I was working from home.  We all ended up working from home on Tuesday, too.
  • This week has been busy.  I think that's mainly attributed to the short work week and the fact that I have several events coming up in the next week and had to wrap up our annual report.  I have a tendency to work fast, so I like the busyness of weeks like this.
  • Today marks two weeks since my last soft drink (or soda) (or pop) (or whatever else you call it).
  • I noticed when I was running on the treadmill at the gym earlier that I count down (like 60-59-58-57 and so on) during my last few minutes if I'm doing a fast(-er than normal) run.  Weird.
  • I'm really enjoying reading my Daily Bible.  I like that the daily readings are broken down in smaller portions and include some commentary before.  I'm learning.  I don't know how anyone makes it without God.
  • My PC is the nicest, kindest, and sweetest man I know.  :)
  • Don't ever rent a home to anyone.  I own a home that's only two years old.  I lived there for about six months, and due to circumstances, I moved back and rented it to someone that seemed like they would take care of it.  Fast forward a year and a half and it looks like animals were living in it like it was a jungle.  I honestly don't know how some of the holes got in the walls.  Or what's stained the carpet so badly in one of the bedrooms that it has to be replaced.  I also can't figure out what the orange substance is on the ceilings.  Or why I have to replace the doors for the three bedrooms and the laundry room.  I mean, I know why, but how did they get holes through them?  I don't want to put a lot into it since it's going on the market after it's repaired and I know I'll lose money thanks to our lovely economy, but I want it to look good.
  • Verizon has the iPhone!  And I'm going to hold out.  I had an iPhone, but AT&T doesn't have the best service (in my opinion), so I switched back to Verizon and have a Droid.  I love it, but I do think that I'll succumb to iPhone fever one day.
  • My sister is going to be 16 soon!  I need to start shopping!
  • I hope to finish Decision Points in the next few days so I can start reading Steve Martin's new book.  I've really enjoyed reading lately.
  • It feels so good to be working out again.  I feel so much better and I feel like I look better when I work out regularly. 
  • Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to decide between the Droid and the iPhone also! I REALLY want the iPhone but people keep telling me the Droid is just as good. I have a feeling in the end though, I'm going to get the iPhone. I'm afraid I'll regret it if I don't.

    Great job on the working out and no soft drinks!!

    ReplyDelete