- I spent MLK weekend in Charleston with PC. We had a triple date with his brother and his girlfriend and his sister and brother-in-law to see Country Strong. I have to say that as excited as I was about seeing the movie, I was sad at the ending. I looked at PC when she shut the door after the concert and told him what I thought was going to happen which was what happened. If you've seen the movie, you'll understand; if not, don't see it if you like happy endings.
- I worked on MLK Day. Having two days off the week before for all of our snow and a busy week after, my co-workers and I chose to work and take a comp day later.
- Last Wednesday, my sister turned 16! I can't believe it. It seems like yesterday that I was doing flips down the stairs at my grandparents when my dad called to tell us to hurry up to the hospital because she had already been born! More on her special gift later this week. (I'm currently lusting over it for myself.)
- Also last week, I did something I haven't done before: I went to a meeting a day early. In my defense, my co-worker and I were asked to attend a ceremony at our State House for economic development ambassadors on behalf of our boss who was traveling. We both had the date wrong on our calendars and ended up in Columbia a day early. It wasn't all bad though. I picked up a mega cupcake from Cupcake for my sister and got a caramel brulee from Starbucks. If you live in SC and like cupcakes, you need to try Cupcake. They make the best!
- Last Wednesday, PC had to have surgery at MUSC. Please keep him and all of us in your prayers. He did really well and was able to go home the day after. He has some bling in the form of seven staples in his head he'll be wearing until next Tuesday.
- Given PC's surgery on Wednesday, I went to Charleston after work Tuesday night and came home today. I had a meeting in Columbia with my marketing firm, so I went straight there from Charleston this morning and shortly after I got to my office, some lovely flowers arrived courtesy of my PC.
- If you live in Columbia and haven't ever eaten at the Gourmet Shop, you're missing out. Please go there. I love it.
- I am almost finished with the photo book PC and I are making of this past year. I'm using Picaboo.
- Tomorrow is my grandma's 75th birthday!
- I have to get new tires soon. I travel around my part of the state for work, so as you can imagine, the miles rack up. My tires are showing it.
- Do any of you watch Chuck? I love it and tonight's episode deserved an applause!
- I know I've said it before, but I am learning so much reading my daily chronological Bible. I have to admit that the portions I've been reading in Exodus with all of the laws and burnt offerings for different things have caused me to zone out, but I feel like I'm learning so much. Last Tuesday, I read about the uproar in Egypt, and as I was watching TV while I was waiting for PC to have his MRI before surgery Wednesday, I was drawn back to what I read the day before. As bad as everything looks there today, and it looks horrible and I can't even imagine the horror the people are feeling and seeing, it is nothing compared to what it was during Moses' time. That is so hard to imagine.
- It's late, but before I go to bed I want to flip through my new Southern Living. More specifically, I want to see the recipe for the delicious chicken pot pie that's on the cover!
Monday, January 31, 2011
Playing Catch Up
It has been entirely too long since I've blogged. I have been very busy to say the least. To catch you up on what's been going on in my world the past few weeks, here's a list: