Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Celebrations

I hope you and your families had great Christmases!  We did!  We had many celebrations.

They all started last Wednesday night with the candlelight service at my church and then dinner and presents with some of our family's best friends.  On Thursday, we celebrated again with another family friend.

On Christmas Eve, we had lunch with my grandmother in my hometown, and then I headed to Charleston for dinner and Christmas with PC's family.  We all (his brother and his girlfriend, sister, brother-in-law, and nephew) went to the Christmas Eve service at his church which was very nice.  My church has a candlelight service either the Sunday night or Wednesday night before Christmas, so I hadn't ever been to an actual Christmas Eve service.  It was awesome to listen to the Christmas story and sing carols with hundreds (or maybe even a thousand) other people on the eve of our Savior's birth.  I hope this becomes a tradition!

After church, we went back to KB and DB's house (PC's sister and brother-in-law's house) for dinner and to open gifts.  We had a blast!


 PC and me!  Rachel gave us all poppers and we had to see who would wear the paper crown the longest.  PC won.

RW and SI

PC's mom had the neatest gift for KB, RW, and me.  She gave us pictures of her children growing up. 

USC 2010 Baseball National Championship bat

 Jacob, PC's nephew, and me

KB with her new KitchenAid

PC and I stayed at his sister's house on Christmas Eve and saw what Santa brought Jacob for Christmas.  I also opened my gifts from PC.  One of the things he gave me was a pair of beautiful pearl earrings!  He's a great gift giver.

After we made waffles in my new flippy waffle maker, another gift from PC, we headed back to my house to see what Santa brought and to celebrate with my family.  I guess know my sister and I are too old for Santa, but I love that he still visits.  My mom made ham delights (a Christmas morning tradition) and some other goodies that we ate before opening our stockings and exchanging gifts.  

One of the gifts "Santa" left - a ZOKU popsicle maker from Williams-Sonoma. 

My sister with the gumball machine PC gave her.  When she had to sell Sally Foster wrapping paper at school a few months ago, she told all of us that she wanted to sell like a billion rolls of paper so she could get a gumball machine.  PC to the rescue.  I should also say that she's charging us for the gum.  It really is the gift that keeps on giving.

On Christmas afternoon, my sister made donuts for us using the donut pans and cookbook I gave her.  They were delicious.  She loves to cook and thinks she wants to be a chef.   

We all went to my grandparents for dinner Christmas night.  Here are a few pictures from my grandparents' front porch.




We didn't have snow on Christmas, but we woke up the next day to a snow-covered ground.  It was beautiful!  We built some snowmen, drank hot chocolate, and roasted homemade marshmallows over a candle inside (I hope that's safe!).

How were your Christmases?

No comments:

Post a Comment